Here are 6 facts about Autism you might not know:
- Autism affects 1 in 68 children, which means autism is not rare!
- Autism costs a family of around 60 thousand USD a year. That’s a high number!
- Boys are 5 times more likely than girls to have Autism. 1 in 42 boys but 1 in 168 girls!
- There is no medical detection of Autism. That’s why you should never ignore the signs!
- If one identical twin is diagnosed with Autism, the other twin has about 90% chance of developing an autistic disorder. Again….pay attention to the signs!
- 65% of Autistic children would like to have more friends but have difficulties making them. It’s when a parent should intervene and teach them how to start a conversation and accept others!
A parent should learn not to ignore their child, refer to a doctor when they suspect something is wrong and intervene early to provide the maximum help!