NOVALAC ALLERNOVA is a specially designed extensively hydrolyzed formula suitable to secure an optimal growth of newborns and infants diagnosed with cow’s milk protein allergy.
- Allernova is an extensive casein hydrolyzed formula.
- Allernova is lactose free
- In case of CMA, the intestinal barrier may be more deteriorated leading to possible decrease of disaccharidase activity. Therefore, to avoid secondary intolerance to lactose, Novalac Allernova is lactose free.
- Lactose in infant formulae may be a source of protein contaminant to avoid this possible contamination, no lactose is used in Allernova.
- Allernova has an adapted fat content (MCT)
Allernova – Clinical proven efficiency
Safety of a new extensively hydrolysed formula in children with cow’s milk protein allergy: a double blind crossover study
Suzanne WJ Terheggen-Lagro, Ilse MSL Khouw, Anne Schaafsma and Erik AK Wauters
Department of Pediatrics, Wilhelmina Children’s Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands RIP 2005, Tome XXXVI ; n° 336 : 13-17
- Aim of the study:
- Double-blind cross over randomized trial to evaluate the safety of an extensively hydrolyzed casein based product for children suffering of Ig-E mediated cow’s milk allergy in comparison with a widely used product, considered as safe.
- 30 Children having a proven cow’s milk protein allergy and presently fed with different hydrolyzed cow’s milk protein based formulae.
- The tested formula was NOVALAC ALLERNOVA(ALL);Nutramigen (NUT) has been chosen as the control group in order to avoid possible distinction of the formula through organoleptic characteristics, each of the formula were mixed to amino-acid based formula, with same ratios.
- None of the 27 children completing the study showed any exacerbation of the allergic symptoms nor adverse reaction to the test formula.
- Children with persistent and proven cow’s milk protein allergy did not show any adverse reaction after consumption of Allernova
- Allernova is as efficient as Nutramigen for management of CMPA
- Extensively hydrolyzed casein formula (97% molecular weight<2000 Da)
- A clinically proven efficiency.
- Adapted fatty acid profile: Medium Chain Triglycerides (easier and faster absorbed) and Essential Fatty Acids content.
- Complies with European Union regulations.
- Suitable for continuous feeding: vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- Better taste